Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June Totals and 2015 Check In

Pretty solid month for June.  Hit the highest hourly total worth of work that I have ever done and pretty happy about that.  Could I have done more with the family being gone all month?  Yes, but I would bet that I would not be feeling as good as I am right now.  So what was the data for June? (click photo to enlarge)



So I started wondering what was the data for the first 6 months of the year since signing up for Leadman? Here is that breakdown. (click photo to enlarge)


Not bad!  But I would have liked to see that total vertical to be a little higher.  I am not used to seeing such a low (for me) total on the running mileage but on the other hand I have never hit that kind of mileage on the bike.  Something has to give I guess.

So how does that breakdown month to month I started to wonder. (click photo to enlarge)


Pretty constant build through out the year.  Yes February sucked for I took 13 days off sick and had many more low volume days as I was recovering.

I find these numbers very interesting to me and honestly never expected to put in this much time.  Hell for Bighorn last year I did 328 hours with about 1250 miles of running in the 6 months leading up to that race with 525 total for all of 2014.  I should be over 500 total hours before the start of the 100 mountain bike in mid-Aug this year.  Hope all this work pays off.

What am I targeting for July?  That is hard to say.  This week I am going pretty high volume all at an easy pace but next week will be a down week with the Silver Rush 50 weekend on July 11th and 12th.  Not sure how I will feel after doing a 50 MTB on Saturday followed by a 50 mile run on Sunday.  I am sure there will be at least a few days off.  Just going to play it by ear and try and listen to what my body is telling me. It is going to be an adventure.  I have pretty much stopped trying to plan my training in advance and now just look at it weekly to see what I can do that week based on how I feel, schedule at work, and family.  Seems to be working so far.

Can't believe we are starting to get into the meat of Leadman!

Have a great week and a safe 4th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment