Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Log for the week of 4/21 - 4/27

So the goal of this whole week was to try and recover from Greenland 50K while at the same time keep my mileage up somewhat since my 1st 50 miler is a little over a week away on May 3rd. Here is how my week broke down.

Monday: OFF my hamstrings were screaming at me all day, I think that bike ride yesterday may not have been the best idea after the 50K

Tuesday: Run 7.5 miles at Apex trail. I did both side to the trail so about 2500 feet or so of climbing I think.

Wednesday: Run 7.5 miles at Lair 'O Bear trail. This had about 1500-1800 feet of climbing.

Thursday: Run 6.25 miles at Mount Falcon. Up to top of Walkers Dream and back, about 1800 of climbing

Friday: Run 6.25 miles on the treadmill at an easy pace and spent 30 mins lifting weights on the upper body and core only.

Saturday: Run 20.25 miles on the treadmill. This was more a mental challenge than physical one. Did this because they were calling for rain in the morning and needed to be done very early for other things going on.

Sunday: Cherry Creek Sneak 5K (3.1 miles) with Ashley and Braden. This was Braden's (7 years old) 1st 5K. It was pretty neat to see.

Total miles for the week: 50.75
Total hours for the week: 9 hours

Not a bad week overall. I feel like I recovered very well from Greenland 50K and at the same time gots lots of good hill work in this week. Next week will be a half week of tapering for the 50 miler.

Have a great week!

Shad

No comments:

Post a Comment