Wednesday, April 12, 2023

April 3rd- April 9th

 “Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.” - Winston Churchill


Monday:  


Got up at 4am after getting home from Aspen last night at 11pm to head to the airport.  Flew out to Minneapolis to help my mom for the week.  She is getting surgery on Tuesday and wanted someone to help her as she recovers.  No real movement today and tomorrow will be a recovery day as well.  Photos below are my sister's oldest 2 boys, her and my mom... 





Tuesday:  
 

Surgery day for mom... working from the coffee shop across the street while she was in the surgery all morning.  Will be another recovery day for me today.



Wednesday:

-NOTE:  No weight check this morning due to travel.

11 AM:  7.1 miles in 1 hour.  Easy jog on the treadmill at Planet Fitness by mom's.  30 degrees with 30mph winds out there today, no thank you, treadmill it is.  Little swollen today from eating like shit the past 3 days, that shit has to stop today.

4:30 PM:  1 hour at the gym.  Did a drop in class here in MN and took my 15 year old nephew with me.  He seemed to like it!  He is into baseball and football so I should not have been surprised that he did.

Warmup:  BikeErg and drills

5x3 Snatch working on speed under the bar

AMRAP 12 mins: : 7 rounds + 10 Bike Ergs | 185 reps | Rx'd
12:00 AMRAP:
15 Bike Ergs
10 Thrusters, 75 lbs



Thursday:    

10 AM:  7.3 miles averaging 7:50pace.  Easy cruise from Mom's front door. Let Strava map out a run for me and just followed my phone. Made a big loop around town. Not to bad. Little warmer today without the wind that was blowing yesterday.

4:30 PM: 1 hour at the gym

Warmup:  Rowing, Airbike and planks

Mid-Line work
10mins every min on the min
Odd- 30sec handstand against the wall
Even- 30sec hallow body hold

-then-

AMRAP 35 mins: 4 rounds + 1000 m + 30 Push-ups + 1000 m + 12 V-ups 
35:00 AMRAP:
Row, 1000 m
30 Push-ups
Echo Bike, 1000 m
15 V-ups


Friday:

8:30 AM: 1 hour at the gym here in MN before heading to the airport.

Warm-up
3:00 Ski
+
3 sets
12 Tall Kneeling Band Pull Aparts
6 Single arm Ring Rows
30 Second Shoulder Taps

Strength
Strict Pull-Up
5 sets
6 Pull-Up Negatives :04 down
Rest 2:00-2:30 btwn sets

Accessory Work
Incline Chest SupportedDB Row
6-8 tough reps @ 10x2 tempo
Rest 1:30
x3-4

WOD
AMRAP 10
250/200m Ski
10 DB Box Overs
Single DB

Saturday: 

Travel day to AZ... was planning on getting out for an easy 1.5 hour jog before going to the airport but have a nasty cold I got from MN so took a rest day.  I should have at least done something in the garage gym.  Just wiped from the cold and all the travel this week.





Sunday:  37 miles w/ 10,200ft of vert in 14:37...  First 37 miles of Cocodona 250 from Black Canyon Trailhead to Crown King... This section was NO JOKE!!!  Very loose, rocky, and a lot of vert.  The original plan was to go to Crown King then hike back on Monday but my feet got so torn up on the way there that I had to call a $300 cab to come and get us from Crown King...  There was no way my feet would have gotten me the 37 miles back in time to make our flight.  Photos of 2 of the larger blisters below but the bottom of my feet were also blistered.  What an adventure this weekend.  Thanks for the invite Don!












Total Weekly Numbers

Not quite the week I wanted but there was a lot of recovery from the ski race, travel to MN, then back home and off to AZ for a long ass run... Honestly as I am typing this on the following Wed 4/12, I am still wiped and fighting a cold that I picked up in MN.  Just need to let the feet heal and get back to it.  Think I am done skiing for good this year and just need to really start focusing on Hardrock.




No comments:

Post a Comment