Monday, April 24, 2023

April 17th- April 23rd

 “Surprise is the greatest gift which life can grant us.” - Boris Pasternak

-- Been one of those weeks full of unplanned things and surprises both personally and workwise.  We did go through a layoff at work this week and thank goodness I was not affected yet.  They are still going to be happening over the few months, so the underlining stress will not be going away anytime soon. 


Monday:  


Took the day completely off per the plan.  Actually was needed, my body is still not near 100% from this stupid cold that is hanging on and the last 3 days actually wiped me out some.  Plus it was fun to watch the Boston Marathon all morning, GREAT JOB DARIAN!!!  I owe him a meal since he beat my time there by about 30secs running a 2:43:xx.

Tuesday:  
 
9 AM: 1 hour at the gym

Warmup: Airbike, mobility and drills.

50-40-30-20-10: 18 mins 21 secs 
50-40-30-20-10 reps of:
Double Under
Walking Lunge
Push-up
AbMat Sit-up

2:30 PM:  8.8 miles averaging 7:55 pace.  Easy cruise from the gym on the trails around there since I had to be in the office today, gym is down the street from my work.  Actually a little bit sore from this jog but better than it was over the weekend.  Trying to get back to it.

Went straight from my jog to Happy Hour at Red Garden Brewing with my team from work since Mary is retiring.  No I did not drink even though it would have been on Medtronic.  Stuck to soda water.  But I did break the diet with Sweet Cow ice cream and some cake.


Wednesday:

-NOTE:  No weight check this morning 

9 AM: 1 hour at the gym

Warmup: Running, mobility and drills

10 RFT: 10 mins 1 sec | Rx'd
10 rounds of:
1 Clean & Jerk, 80% 1RM | 145 lbs
5 Burpee Over Bars
Run, 100 m

10:30 AM: 6.2 miles averaging 7:50 pace.  Easy cruise around Louisville right after the gym session. Super chill jog for the most part. Started out super slow and worked into it.

New poster went up at the gym with the first members that are still at the gym as they hit their 10 year anniversary last month.  Think there is 11 of us total.  Of course I am only one running, everyone else as a barbell in their hands.  LOL... At least it was taken when I was doing Murph, my favorite workout, why I am wearing a weight vest.


- Finished book 11 of the year tonight... The Longest Race .  I have read about the Nike shit before but this puts a new spin on it.  

Thursday:    

9 AM:  1 hour at the gym... this was a rough one.... 1 min slower than when I did this workout in 2018, getting old sucks.

Warmup: Running, mobility and drills

27-21-15-9: 20 mins 21 secs | Rx'd 57 secs
27-21-15-9 reps of:
Wall Ball, 20 lbs
Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 75 lbs
Box Jump, 24 in
Push Press, 75 lbs
Row Calories

3:30 PM:  Treadmill: 3 miles averaging 8:20pace.  Windy as hell out and it is a cold wind so hit the treadmill.  Bail about halfway through....  Jumped off to go take a shit and the stomach is off. Also I was feeling like crap so I pulled the plug.  Just low energy and did not want to be there so I left.  This has been another shit week with all the work stress.

Friday:

9:30 AM:  6.4 miles w/ 1300ft of vert averaging 9:25pace.  Easy trail jog from Fowler Trailhead into Eldo State Park and back.  Super chill but felt great today.  Even though it was a chill run today this was one of my faster times on this route according to Strava. Happy about that.



4 PM:  1 hour at the gym followed by a 2min dunk in the ice bath... cold as hell at 38 degrees

Warmup: Airbike, mobility and drills

Snatch : 1 Rep Max : 120 lbs 
Sets
1 Snatch | 120 lbs

-then-

3 RFT:  5 mins 47 secs 
3 rounds of:
20 Dumbbell Snatches | 35 lbs
20 Toes-to-bars

--  Jumped in the plunge right after the workout tonight, cold as fuck at 38 degrees.  Lasted two and half mins.  




Saturday: 

9 AM:  1 hour at the gym... woke up to about 5 inches of snow and 20 degrees so riding bikes was out of the question today. 

Warmup: Airbike, mobility and drills

16 RFT: Partner Wods,  28 mins 
16 rounds of:
Partner Wod
3 Wall Walks
9 Dumbbell Front Squats, 40 lbs
12 Assault Bike Calories
*Alternate With Partner - with Jeff

--so my microwave went out last night and since it was all snowy and cold out that would be the project of the day.  Much more involved getting this replaced than I was expecting.  Paula came over to help and yes our relationship survived me cussing and getting frustrated at this.. really changed the look of the kitchen and a much needed upgrade.



Sunday:  

9 AM:  11.6 miles w/ 2500ft of vert in 2:12ish.  Easy cruise up and down Green Mountain in Boulder via Bear Canyon.  Snow covered and icy.  Took my time since I did not bring traction or anything else but a handheld bottle and had a great morning out there.  Ran into Dan, Fred and Bogie all in different groups.  


4 PM: Walk 1 mile in 17 mins.  Watching Venus this afternoon while Paula was gone all day doing her USA Cycling official stuff at a bike race outside of Fort Collins.  Picked her up after my morning jog to hang out with me all day.  Easy afternoon walk before taking her home after dinner time and yes I spoil her.



Total Weekly Numbers

Not quite the week I wanted but much better than last.  As of Sunday this nasty cold I have been struggling with is about gone and for the first time running in the past 2 plus weeks I actually felt good after my run.  I have been wiped and felt like shit a lot of times even bailing on runs in the past few weeks.  One thing that I will be changing is that I will be running in the mornings more and doing Crossfit in the afternoon.  I think doing Crossfit first, especially when I have been struggling with energy due to this sickness had fucked up my jogging.  Time to reverse them and see what happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment