Sunday, July 2, 2023

June Monthly Recap

 “If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done.” - Thomas Jefferson

Solid month!  Super please on how this month turned out.  Little less vert than June of last year before Hardrock but the difference is the Mt Whitney climb I did with Bob and Tom last year.  That hike was over 10k in vert last year but this year I was still right under 70k but covered almost a 100 miles more overall.  I think that will translate to Hardrock better I hope.  Would have had more miles and vert but on the last day of the month I was stormed off my run and only logged 3.25 miles instead of the 15 miles I had planned which I made up for on the next day,  July 1st.  Oh well, it is all just numbers.  I have also been above 10,000ft for the whole month of June except for 3 days verses last year it was only about a week and half in June.  This year I moved into the cabin on June 1st, last year it was not until around June 17th.  That should translate better as well for most of my daily runs go over 12,000ft.  Guess we will find out if I am acclimated better or not.

2 weeks to go......  Guess I better get out there this morning for my last 15 mile run this morning..... the taper starts after this run. 



No comments:

Post a Comment