Monday, March 14, 2022

March 7th- March 13th

 

 

“Life is not a spectator sport. If you're going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you're wasting your life.” - Jackie Robinson

 

Feel like the past 2 weeks with this COVID shit all I have been doing is wasting my life.....  

 

Monday:Thought today was going to be a good day and I would be starting on the backside of this COVID crap but about 9am it hit me hard and I had to go lay down.  So much for that today.  Think I will be bailing from the Salida Marathon this weekend.  Will retest for COVID again tomorrow morning.


 Tuesday: Tested again this morning, still positive.  Going on 10 days of feeling sick and 7 days of testing positive.  Yay me!  At least the line is not as dark and took longer to show up.  Not sure if that means anything or not.  Was going to try and jog some today but body will not allow it yet.

 

 
 
 Wednesday:  Another day of not leaving the house and of course it was snowy all day again.   Feel like I am living in Ground Hog Day.
 

 

Thursday: Retested again this morning..... positive still... sigh... At least I am breathing better than I have in the past week.  Might try and hit the garage gym later today for an easy session to see what happens.  I need to do something.



Friday:   6am: Still tested positive yet again this morning.  Basically testing everyday now wondering when I will get out of COVID jail.

9am: 4 miles averaging 8:15pace- Easy cruise from the house, first mile was a walk/run with lots of coughing fits but breathing got better the last 3 miles.  Did not have anymore coughing fits until I stopped. that lasted for about an hour.  My blood O2 only dropped 5 points from the start to the end of the run so that was good, went from 97 to 92 so super excited that it never dropped below 90 which I was most of last week just laying around.  My bum knee hurt worse than it has in a long time and of course everything was super tight, guess that is expected for not running in 2 weeks.  Slow rebuild is on.

Saturday: 9am: First morning that I tested neg on a Covid test today.  YAY!!!!!  4.7 miles around Louisville.  Headed over to Davidson Mesa to do an easy loop but it was still closed even though the website says it is open.  Did a road/bike path loop around Louisville instead going super easy.  No coughing fits during the run and a small one when I stopped.  Progress.  Got this mug in the mail today for helping at the Run for Air race a few weeks ago.


 

2pm:  Testing again this afternoon and still neg.  Meet Paula at Coaliton Trailhead for an out and back hike on the Dirty Bizmark loop.  4.75miles.  Great to be around others again!!!  Of course my friends doing the Salida marathon that I bailed on due to Covid have to rub it in.


 

Sunday:  10am: Tested again this morning just to make sure but still neg.  5.4 miles doing a loop of Sanitas with Paula and Rebecca. Up the ridge and down Lions.  Super chill and man was it awesome to be back on the trails.  Of course a nap was taken afterwards again, going to be the new norm for a bit I think as I am still having lots of energy swings.





No comments:

Post a Comment