Thursday, July 27, 2017

Hours on Mount Elbert

With the upcoming trip to Bolivia and shooting for 20,000ft I figured it was a good idea to go spend a bunch of time up high the weekend before leaving.  Now physically it most likely did not make a difference but I think mentally it will.  Called up Bob and he let me have access to the compound.  Decided to hit up Mount Elbert and just chill on the summit as long as I could, hell I even downloaded a Netflix movie on my phone to watch up there.  After about an hour nap on the summit Kari came cruising up.  She is training for Hardrock and was doing mile repeats on the top mile of the mountain, what a great idea instead of napping.  Joining her we would head down a mile then turn around and go back up repeating this for a total of 4 summit touches.  Of course people out hike thought we were nuts.  Ended up spending over 7 hours playing around on Elbert.  What a great day in the mountains!







Look at this jack hole!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment