Monday, August 3, 2026

July 27th- August 2nd

 "If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had."- Amy Winehouse

Monday:
6 AM:  9.3 miles averaging 7:35pace.  Easy 3 laps of Davidson Mesa with 4x30sec efforts on the second lap. Efforts were a little rough but funny how my pace increased after them at the same effort level, like the muscles remembered how to fire better. Tomorrow's workout should be interesting.


--  Finally back to reading again after about a month of not really reading.  Finished book 19 of the year, Dirtbag Dreams about how ultrarunning came about, super interesting.

Tuesday:  
6 AM:  10 miles averaging 7min pace.  Laps at Davidson Mesa again doing a fartlek workout to start introducing some intensity again. Workout was:

20 min warm up

1/2/3/2/1/2/3/2/1 min fast/ 90 sec easy between each (think 1 hr effort and working down to 5k effort if feeling great!)

20 min cool down

Followed the plan almost exactly getting down into the 5:45ish pace in the last few intervals. Not going to lie, the first few were rough, the legs did not want to turn over quickly but they did get rolling about halfway through it. Funny how I was anxious to do a workout again.


4:30 PM: 55 mins.  Lift class at VASA with Paula. Easy leg day today.

Wednesday:
8 AM:  8.2 miles w/ 400ft of vert averaging 8min pace.  Quick easy jog from the house sandwiched between meetings. First meeting was at 6am so getting out early was out, the only time I had open was between 8:15-9:30 so that is what I used. I did not want to wait until later in the day when it was super hot out again. Super chill and legs took a bit to wake up.

--  Need to start getting in some bi-weekly heat training again going forward.  20mins in the hot tub this afternoon.

Thursday:  
  -NOTE:  Weight check in:  Nope... going to give it one more week before I start sweating this.

6 AM:  8.4 miles averaging 7:35 pace.  Easy cruise before work with Taylor doing the medium loop from work. Super chill and great to catch up with him some. Little bit of tired legs from yesterday but otherwise all good!


4:30 PM: 55 mins VASA lift class with Paula, upper body day.

Friday:
6 AM:  11.2 miles averaging 6:55pace.  Long tempo'ish effort today. I was actually dreading this when I saw it on the schedule thinking it was to much but it went pretty well! Kept the efforts under control and did stop halfway through the second 5K to let the HR come down some, it climbed up a little to high and wanted to keep it controlled. The intervals were between 6-6:25 pace which is probably my marathon effort right now, I have a lot of work to get back to where I was.

20 min warm up

2x Davidson mesa 5k loops with 3 min rest between each .(marathon effort, nice and controlled)

20 min cool down




---  Took Paula to the airport today for she is going to spend the week in the Outerbanks with her family.  I was supposed to go as well but cancelled due to our dog sitter cancelling on us because of a medical issue, she is in the hospital.  Sucks... I was really looking forward to some beach time.  I will try to make it a point to go in October hopefully.

Saturday: 
6 AM:  Venus walk before heading out to run.  1.6 miles in 25mins.

7AM: 8 miles averaging 7:35pace.  Chill few laps plus some around Davidson Mesa. Today was supposed to just be a recovery jog from yesterday's workout. Felt pretty good today though.  Rest of the day was running errands including the Farmers Market which I have missed all summer.

Sunday:  
7:30 AM: 16.7 miles w/ 1700ft of vert averaging 8:15pace.  Easy out and back with BTC on Mags. First third was with the front guys, then I went a little longer, so the second third was solo. The last third I caught the back of the group and jogged in with the slow group. All at easier effort, especially the last third. Focused on fueling with 2 gels and a 45g carb bottle. Still was wiped the rest of the day and was on the couch. Hopefully it comes back soon.



Total Weekly Numbers
Pretty solid week with 2 workouts.  Going to be honest, pretty damn tired after my longer run on Sunday to the point that the rest of the day was wasted laying around on the couch.  Just tells me that I am not absorbing the work super well right now but it will come.  This next week plan has a jump in mileage so we will see how I handle that.






No comments:

Post a Comment