Monday, August 31, 2026

August 24th- August 30th

"When something is festering in your memory or your imagination, laws of silence don't work, it's just like shutting a door and locking it on a house on fire in hope of forgetting that the house is burning." -Tennessee Williams from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"


Monday:

7 AM: 8.75 miles w/ 500ft of vert averaging 8min pace.  Easy cruise from work w/ 4x30sec hills towards the end. Felt like shit for most of the run, hacking up shit and legs had nothing. At least the legs got better as the run went on but not by much. Getting to the point where I am thinking of walking away from running for a while because of how shitty the last 2 weeks have been.

-- Hot tub for 30mins this afternoon with the hope it helps clear this cold that I thought was done but isn't.

--  Have some visitors for the next two days.  Always good to see dad no matter how short it may be.



Tuesday: 
---  Woke up this morning feeling like I was hit by a truck again.  It seems the cold I thought I was getting over is now in my chest.  Good times.... took the day off again due to hacking shit up all day.  All good, it give the Achilles another day to calm down as well. 


-- Another postcard for the board from JT.


Wednesday/Thursday:
Threw in the towel again on Wednesday and Thursday.  So achy everywhere and just feeling like shit.  Ended up having to take afternoon naps just to function somewhat both days, of course worked from home.  When is this shit going to go away. 

I can share this now since Jeff's family posted about it on social media but heard about Jeff at TDS on Tuesday afternoon right after it happened, freaked me out and was praying hard for him even though I am not that religious.  If you can spare a few bucks please help his family out by donating at this link.. GO FUND ME... details are there about what happened and sounds like there will be some sort of life long care that will be needed.  Really freaks me out, I know Jeff pretty well, he coached me for about 3 years and is only 2-3 years older than me.  I know how well he eats and takes care of himself and yet this happens... WTF?


Friday:
7 AM:  6.25 miles averaging 8min pace.  Was supposed to do 2x15 mins at marathon effort today, yeah that is not happening. Just a test run from work before the day starts to see how the body feels. No turn over in the legs and coughing like a smoker but better than it has been. Really starting to think that maybe this was Covid and not just a cold as I type this out. I never did do a test.

-- And another postcard for the board from JT.  LOL


Saturday: 
7 AM:  9 miles averaging 7:55pace.  Just trying to get back into the habit of running most days again. Some early morning laps of Davidson Mesa before it got hot outside. Sucks that I was sore from the easy 6 miles I did yesterday. This is going to be a process getting back to normal I think. Dead legs yet again.


Sunday:  
7:30 AM: 15 miles w/ 800ft of gain averaging 8min pace.  Easy long run around Golden with Don. Longest I have gone in a while due to this stupid head cold that I have been dealing with for 2 weeks. Was still clearing shit during the run but much better overall and no coughing. Legs still feel like shit though, like I have no turn over anymore.  I know, I sound like a broken record....





Noon: 2 mile dog walk with Paula and Venus.  Little bit of family time together, we need to do this more often.


Total Weekly Numbers
Another shitty training week but whatever.  Doing what my body will allow me too without digging myself into a hole that I can't get out of.  It can be a fine line sometimes.  Think I am on the backend of this cold/covid shit so the goal is to at least do something every day for the next week to get the body back online.  Trying to give myself some grace but easier said than done.  Such a mind fuck....















No comments:

Post a Comment