Tuesday, August 25, 2026

August 17th- August 23rd

"The longer I live, the more deeply I learn that love- whether we call it friendship or family or romance- is the work of mirroring and magnifying each other's light." - James Baldwin


Monday:
6:30 AM:  9.5 miles averaging 7:35pace.  Easy run from work with 4x20secs thrown in towards the middle of the run. Was supposed to be easy but might have been a little bit more moderate towards the end. All good, still a little sore from the weekend for some reason.

---  Been helping Dale (race director of Hardrock) the past few months in searching for a venue to hold a special event that I can't talk about yet.  Went to check out a strong possibility this afternoon with him and a few other people.

Tuesday:  
6:30 AM:  8 miles averaging 7min pace.  Lactate day.... went okay for the most part, def don't have a fast mile in me right now but tried, the 400s went better than the mile did. Workout was:

20 min warm up

1 mile pretty much all out
rest 8-10 min
4x400 at HARD with 90 sec rest between each...These 400's will likely get slower each one and thats ok...just want to send the body into a bit of a shock and work through some lactate.

20 min cool down

2 PM: 1:20 Total body lifting at VASA, focus was mostly squats and bench press, along with PT exercises for the hip issue that popped up at Hardrock, going to focus on working on that some the next 8 or so weeks.


Wednesday:
6 AM:  7.5 miles averaging 8:10 pace.  Super chill jog from work early due to having early meetings again today. So tired this morning, dealing with a head cold that hit me last night and did not sleep well. Legs are a little smashed from yesterday.



Thursday/Friday:  
Woke up Thursday morning and felt like I was hit by a truck.  Had a hard time trying to focus and function today so worked from home so I could at least get in naps as needed which ended up being most of the day on Thursday.  At least Friday was better, did not have to nap as much but was still blowing snot everywhere so also stayed home to work.  Hate this shit... Not sure if I got this from the run camp last weekend with BTC or at VASA (gym).  My guess is from VASA.  May need to start just lifting in the garage all the time instead of going to a large gym that is always packed.


Saturday: 
7 AM:  6 miles w/ 500ft of vert averaging 8min pace.  Easy jog from the Coalton Trailhead after being basically in bed for 2 days. Not as rough as I was expecting it to be but still rough. Trying hard not to judge myself but that is easier said than done. Sure I will be struggling with that for a week or more.


Noon: 1:20 Total body lifting at VASA. This time I took Paula with me and we lifting together. That was fun! We may start doing this more often on the weekends.

-- 20mins in the hot tub this afternoon as well to try and keep killing this head cold.

--  Another postcard from JT.  Board is about to fall off the wall.  LOL....  If you want to exchange postcards let me know and I will add you to the list!



Sunday:  
8 AM: 7.8 miles averaging 8min miles. Struggling a lot this morning to get moving. Slept until 6 again which is late for me and also means I have to run in the damn heat. Achilles is also bugging the shit out of me today as well. Ran Dry Creek by the house out and back to watch Paula during the second half of her half marathon today. She did great but also struggled with the heat and it was also humid this morning. This wiped me out for the rest of the day.  Heart rate was about 15-20 beats higher than normal for this pace.  Arggggg.....


--  This was somewhat satisfying as well this afternoon.  HA!!  Never had one fall off so quickly after a race, usually it takes like 6 months.



Total Weekly Numbers
Shit week, had some great training plans this week and was starting to get on a roll the past few weeks until this massive head cold knocked me out for the second half of this week.  Super annoying.  Guess we just roll with it, not a damn thing I can do about it but keep moving forward.  Still on the fence to if there is anything else I am going to sign up for this year.  Not a lot of photos this week, need to fix that next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment