Sunday, November 5, 2017

Windom and Sunlight

So since I did not have anymore "real" race plans the rest of the year I decided to take a crack at getting back to the 14ers since I only had 6 left to complete out of 58.  First up?  The two that Bob and I did not get last summer in Chicago Basin due to weather and the lack of time.  This time it would be a solo trip for it is hard to get someone to drive 5 hours and then take a 2 hour train ride just to get there, then repeat that to get back home.

Took the train from Durango instead of Silverton this year because it gives me a few extra needed hours in the basin in case weather would become an issue which it was not.  It was a great day in the mountains and a much needed break from the outside world.  2 down, 4 to go......





















No comments:

Post a Comment