Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Bolder Boulder and Murph.. That was Dumb....

So in the past years I usually run the Bolder Boulder on Memorial Day, sometimes I race it and other years I run with friends.  In 2015 when I was training for Leadman I thought it would be a good idea to run it hard in the A wave then jump straight into my car, drive over to the gym and do the workout Murph with the guys.  It destroyed me that year but had a solid time doing both in under 40 minutes. 

If you don't know what the Murph workout is, it is:
1 mile run
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 air squats
1 mile run

Yep it is a killer especially after doing a 10k hard.  Well this year I decided to up the challenge for myself a little bit more and wear a 20lb weight vest for both the Bolder Boulder and Murph.  Man that was a killer, my quads and arms were sore for a week.  I was able to finish both the 10k and Murph around 45mins each which is not bad considering the weight vest.  Of course the people at my gym think I'm nuts for running the 10k before hand, yes I have a small ego and wanted to know if I could do this. 









2 comments:

  1. Did you do real pull ups or the crossfit ones where you hang on the bar having a seizure?

    ReplyDelete