Sunday, February 3, 2013

January's Numbers

Thought I would go back to posting my monthly totals like I used to a few years ago.  Maybe that will hold me more accountable.  To who would I be more accountable too?  ME....  I don't want to look like a big sissy by posting weak numbers.

Anyways here is the break down for January.  Click on the photo to enlarge it.






Pretty solid for January.  There is also 5 days in there with no running at all.  I would have ended the month with over 270 but ended up getting a lung infection the last week of the year that made me bed ridden for the last 2 days of January and the first few days of Feb.  I think I turned the corner today with the infection though, feeling much better.  Did a 11 mile, 2800ft run up and down Green Mountain today at an easy pace with no issues.  Back to normal training tomorrow for one more week before the taper for Red Hot 55k.

As you might have noticed that I have started including more weights in my training.  Yes I am experimenting with including Crossfit in my training.  I still not sure if or how it will make me a better runner yet but I has made me a better husband, father, and man.  I have noticed that I recover faster from my runs and just overall in a better mood in general which directly effects my family life.  I think there is something to chronic cardio, I think weights just might be balancing things out a little for me.  Why Crossfit?  Well the main reason is that my wife loves it and it is something we do together.  The secondary reason:  I hate lifting at the gym solo and Crossfit makes it fun!  Yes it is fun!  Lifting with a small group of people all shooting for the same goal is fun.  I really don't know how to explain it better than that.  I plan on giving it a couple more months before I decide if it is something that I will keep doing or not.

Next up:  Red Hot 55K......

No comments:

Post a Comment