Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Log for the week of 5/26-6/1 (397 miles in May!)

This week on my written up training plan I only had about 35 miles of running called out. It was to be a recovery week, I try and build those in every 4-5 weeks in order to recharge the batteries a little. Anyway with Squaw Peak 50 coming up and getting some new shoes on Thursday that I want to try out I put in a little more than I planned for. Here is the breakdown of the week.

Monday: OFF, recovering from the marathon in Wyoming that I ran yesterday

Tuesday: Run 6.5 miles easy on the treadmill, Lift weights for 45 mins.

Wednesday: OFF, really tired and legs are feeling heavy, thought I needed another day

Thursday: Ran 10.5 miles on Mount Falcon for about 2500 feet of climbing.

Friday: Ran 8.25 miles up Apex to the top of Lookout Mountain for about 2000 feet of climbing

Saturday: AM: Ran 18.5 miles up the Mount Evans road from Echo Lake to Summit Lake.
PM: Ran 6 easy miles with Ashley at the Flying J Ranch

Sunday: OFF, hurt my left foot at the pool, not good. It is swollen and having problems wearing a shoe.... CRAP!

Total miles ran for the week: 49.75 miles
Total hours for the week: 10 hours


It was a good week with lots of hills and getting up to 13,000 feet but it ended with messing up my foot one week before another 50 mile race. Not good. Hopefully it will feel better by the end of the week and I can get a shoe on. It is Tuesday as I am writing this and I am still having problems with even keeping a shoe on. I think I will have to make adjustments and not run much this week to allow the foot to heal as much as possible. Thoughts?

Also just added up my mileage for the month of May. 397 miles this month, not bad but May is a 5 week month. This will need to increase next month to about 450-500 miles, we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment