Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trying to get IT back

Seems like since the Red Hot 50K I have been on a downward spiral with no end in sight. The first 2 weeks I cut back on my running because of knee pain caused by the super hard slick rock in Moab. Last week I was sick for 5-6 days with a combo of the super cold and flu I think. All I know is that I missed 3 days of work and did not get out of bed all weekend.

Last night was the first time that I have been running in 8 days and boy did it hurt. All I did was a 6 mile run, 3 out and back, on the trails at the base of Green Mountain in Lakewood. This is the trail that I usually use for easy runs but yesterday was not easy. Not to be gross but I was blowing snot all over myself and feeling like I have not ran in months, light headed, ect.... Hopefully that will improve as the week goes on and I can get that IT back.

I am suppose to do the 24 Hours of Utah in 2 weeks but I am unsure if I will or not. We are going to go out there and camp but I may not run the race. I think what we might do is go out there to watch and I can jump in and do some pacing at night. That might be a better way to get some training in besides pushing my body for 24 hours straight. I could get 4-5 hours in that way I think. During the day while waiting to run after 8pm I could get some rides in on the mountain bike. Not a bad thought.

Anyway I will get back to posting my weekly log once I have one to post again next week.

Have a great week everyone!

Shad

No comments:

Post a Comment