Monday, August 10, 2026

August 3rd- August 9th

"Talent without effort is wasted talent. And while effort is the one thing you can control in your life, applying that effort intelligently is next on the list." - Mark Cuban


Monday:
6 AM:  10 miles averaging 8min pace.  Easy medium loop from work super chill. Legs are dead this morning for whatever reason so just an easy jog for 80mins. Did get a little better as time went on but not by much.  Super smokey outside as well which I am sure played into the way I was feeling this morning.

3 PM:  1 hour lifting..  Leg day at VASA. Starting a new program somewhat but still plan on going to Lift class with Paula now and again. HOT AS HELL OUTSIDE THIS AFTERNOON.  Temp as I was driving home after lifting.


Tuesday:  
6 AM:  9.7 miles w/ 600ft of vert averaging 7:45pace.  Lots of meetings this morning and had to go to the LAF site at lunch so ran out the door from home before working remote all morning. Super chill with the exception of the 4x30secs. Did them on a downhill to make the legs turn over a little quicker. Also discovered a new trail not far from the house that would be good for up to 3min hill repeats, not long enough to go past that.  At least it was only 55 degrees out this morning, actually had to wear a long sleeve shirt because I was cold.




7:30 AM:  Walk/Jog with Venus right after my run.  Venus duties, half walk/half jog with her. Happy dog!

--  Finished book #20 on the year.  General Gainz which was written by the owner of the gym in Alma (Cody) that I train at when I am up at the cabin for long periods of time.  Started following this program yesterday.

---  2 more post cards showed up today from JT to go on the board.  It is getting pretty damn full already.

Wednesday:
6 AM:  11.25 miles w/ 600ft of vert averaging 7:10pace.  Workout Wednesday!!! Good one today, legs were a little tired going into this but all good. Not quite the paces I would have liked to see but did cap my heart rate at 152ish which is about what I run a marathon at if possible. Paces just are not there yet like before.

20 min warm up

10x30 sec hill reps with run down recovery
jog 2-3 min
4 miles at marathon effort/working down if feeling good

20 min cool down

Legs throbbing a little bit afterwards. Need to stretch tonight.

Noon: Walk 1.6 miles with Venus in about 25mins.  Loving my new work schedule right now.  In the office in the mornings and working from home in the afternoons.  Sure that will change though.
 
3:30 PM:  1 hour at the gym lifting upper body.  


Thursday:  
 6:30 AM:  10 miles w/ 1500ft of vert averaging 8:45pace.  Easy trail jog from the Dowdy Draw trailhead doing Springbrook, Goshawk, and little bit of Folwer trail. Super chill due to legs just not being there today. Did have a rattlesnake scare too, good times. Not a lot of people out there today, love taking the day off work to go do some jogging more mid morning instead the early mornings.  Headed right after the run to DIA to pickup Paula who was flying home from being in the Outerbanks all week.




Friday:
7 AM:  6 miles averaging 7:45pace.  Easy jog from work doing a loop around the baseball fields and back. Super chill just jogging. Had to to a blood draw at 7am this morning before the run where I could not eat so somewhat fasted too for the jog. Still have some tired legs, over it.

Guess they are getting rid some of the work that janitors used to do at the Boulder Hospital. 


Saturday: 
7 AM:  14.4 miles w/ 2700ft of vert averaging 9:45pace.  Easy laps of Lions Lair and Anemone trails in Boulder just getting some trail time in. Would have gone a little bit longer to get closer to 3 hours but ran out of water and it was 93 degrees out, I was done.... Outside of overheating some, everything else was great!  Stopped by Dirt Circus in Boulder on the way home to say hi to people I knew would be there.  Always a good time.





Sunday:  
7 AM: 15.6 miles averaging 7:45pace.  BTC Sunday long run. Started late so only ran the last 4 miles with the group. Rest of the run was solo. Legs are shot today, guessing from yesterday's run. Pace did pick up once I found the group and tucked in. Funny how that happens. Rest of the day was on the couch.


Total Weekly Numbers
Wish every week was as good as this one even though more than half the week the legs felt like shit.  Good miles this week and good effort in the gym.  Kind of fell apart on Sunday though but that is just part of coming back from a hard 100 miler.  This next week will be a challenge with early morning meetings, hot temps, and just an overall busy week at work.  Doing what I can when I can.














No comments:

Post a Comment