Monday, March 11, 2024

March 4th- March 10th

“A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” - George Savile

Monday:   

10 AM:  1 hour at the gym.

Warmup: Airbike, mobility and drills

24.1 Rx'd - CrossFit Games Open : 12 mins 38 secs
21 Dumbbell Snatch (arm 1)s, 50 lbs
21 Lateral Burpee Over Dumbbells
21 Dumbbell Snatch (arm 2)s, 50 lbs
21 Lateral Burpee Over Dumbbells
15 Dumbbell Snatch (arm 1)s, 50 lbs
15 Lateral Burpee Over Dumbbells
15 Dumbbell Snatch (arm 2)s, 50 lbs
15 Lateral Burpee Over Dumbbells
9 Dumbbell Snatch (arm 1)s, 50 lbs
9 Lateral Burpee Over Dumbbells
9 Dumbbell Snatch (arm 2)s, 50 lbs
9 Lateral Burpee Over Dumbbells

-- little bummed on this result. Was thinking I would be around the 10 min mark. Hit muscle failure during the snatches, especially on the left arm.  I did this workout since I missed it on Friday, need to submit a score to Crossfit.com by 5pm tonight, while the rest of the class did McGee which is one of my favorites.  Maybe I will do that tomorrow solo... Here is a photo of Paula doing the deadlift part of McGee.

3 PM:  3.3 miles in 55 mins.  Easy dog walk around the hood to start breaking in the Speedland GS:OAK shoes. Decided to train a bunch in these since I'm not a huge fan of the color verses the other GS models.  Save the colors I like best for races and train in the colors I don't.  Sounds like a good plan.

6 PM:  1 hour at spin class with Paula at Vasa.  Bike computer said 16.6 miles so we will go with that.  Sweat-fest....


Tuesday:  
9:30 AM:  8.4 miles w/ 800ft of vert averaging 7:30pace.  Miles over on the Dirty Biz loop. Did 6x20sec strides w/ 2min recoveries in the middle of the run. Overall this was one of the best runs I have had in weeks if not months. Maybe I am turning a corner?

Wednesday:
6 AM:  9.2 miles w/ 2350ft of vert averaging 10:25pace.  Lap of Mount Santias and Anemone trails. Love this figure 8, good mix of hiking, running and vertical. One of my faster times on this route which surprised me, was not trying to make it quick. Yesterday and today have both been great runs, lets hope it keeps going.



10 AM:  1 hour at the gym

Warmup: Rowing, mobility and drills

5x 2 mins RemReps: 112 reps | 23, 25, 22, 21, and 21
5 rounds, 2 mins each, of:
5 Front Squats, 60% 1RM | 115 lbs
15 Row Calories
max rep Wall Balls, 20 lbs | 23, 25, 22, 21, and 21
Rest 2 mins


Thursday:  
9 AM:  8 miles w/ 650ft of vert averaging 8min pace.  Easy out and back from the Coalton Trailhead heading west. Super chill jog today keeping the mellow due to the race on Saturday. Plan is to train through it and use it as a long supported run so instead of being in the 4 hour range I plan on being more in the 5 hour range so I can turn around and do another 10 plus miles on Sunday... we will see what happens.



Friday:
7 AM:  7.4 miles averaging 8:10pace. 2 easy loops around Davidson Mesa plus 1 loop of Harper lake. Just a long shakeout jog to get loosened up for tomorrow. Shitty weather this morning as well.  Plan on heading to Salida after lunch today.

10 AM:  1 hour at the gym

Accessory Work

Warmup: Airbike and mobility

Weighted Pull-up :1163 lbs
Sets
5 Weighted Pull-ups | 35 lbs
3 Weighted Pull-ups | 44 lbs
3 Weighted Pull-ups | 44 lbs
1 Weighted Pull-up | 53 lbs
1 Weighted Pull-up | 62 lbs
1 Weighted Pull-up | 71 lbs
3 Weighted Pull-ups | 53 lbs
3 Weighted Pull-ups | 53 lbs
5 Weighted Pull-ups | 44 lbs

Then

20-30 mins of core work

--- Taking off for Salida for the weekend.  Running the Salida marathon tomorrow as a long supported run and an easy 10 miler on Sunday before heading home.  Of course it is Friday which seems to mean snow lately, the drive was shit but at least it should be a fun weekend!  They closed the road right behind me after passing all of these cars in the ditch at Jefferson.  I was lucky to get thru.


Saturday: 
8 AM:  Salida Marathon- 26 miles w/ 4000ft of vert in 4 hours on the dot.  Did much better than I was expecting myself to do. Prob could have taken more time off if I would not have gone so easy the first 14 miles. Ran the first 14 with Donnie then ran the rest by HR keeping it between 140-150 to the finish. This was a much needed confidence builder that I needed after the past few months of training.  I was of course tired at the end but I was not limping around and did not feel like I just ran 26 at a somewhat harder pace than normal.  Very encouraging!  Spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with Don and Amy who came over from Fairplay for the afternoon.  Good times!





Sunday:  
9 AM:  9.7 miles w/ 1200ft of vert averaging 10:20pace.  Easy out and back on the Little Rainbow trail before heading home. Had plans to run with JT but needed to get out sooner so missed him on this trip. Bummed about that, sorry dude... Legs did not want to have any turnover today so this was more of a hike/jog then just a jog. Around mile 6-7 things started to loosen up some and jogging became a little bit easier.



Total Weekly Numbers

One of my best weeks in a long time.  Really needed this week to get some of my confidence back since I have been struggling to get mileage in for the past few months between being sick, travel and injuries.  I have been actually thinking the past few weeks of walking away from racing, ect thinking my body has had enough.  Maybe not quite yet.  I did drop out of doing the Crossfit open this year, the workout they announced on Thursday had a bunch of double-unders (jumping rope) which I LOVE but last thing I want is to re-injure my achillies so I let it go.  Next year.... 
















No comments:

Post a Comment