Monday, May 22, 2023

May 15th- May 21st

“It's always too early to quit.” - Norman Vincent Peale

Monday:  

8 AM: Walk 2.75 miles.  Morning walk around the hood.  Wanted to get a walk in before it starts raining again.  Over it.


2:30 PM:  Walk 2.4 miles.  Afternoon neighborhood walk to take a break from work and before lifting in the garage.


3:30 PM:  30min garage gym session followed by 30mins in the sauna

Warmup: Crossover Symmetry


Bench Press 10x10 : 

Sets

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs

10 Bench Press | 95 lbs


Strict Pull-ups : 5x5 

Sets

5 Strict Pull-ups

5 Strict Pull-ups

5 Strict Pull-ups

5 Strict Pull-ups

5 Strict Pull-ups


GHD Hip Extensions : 3x15 : 

Sets

15 GHD Hip Extensions

15 GHD Hip Extensions

15 GHD Hip Extensions


L Sit : 6x 20 secs 

Sets

L Sit, 20 secs

L Sit, 20 secs

L Sit, 20 secs

L Sit, 20 secs

L Sit, 20 secs

L Sit, 20 secs




Tuesday:  
 
7 AM:  1 hour at the gym... one of my favorite workouts... went full send this morning... sure I will regret that but oh well...


1 PM:  7.5 miles w/ 400ft of gain averaging 8min miles.  Neighborhood jog from the house.  Mixture of road and crush gravel paths around the lake.  Actually a great route but did down pour on me the last 1.5 miles which was chilly due to not having a shirt on.  Kind of blew my wad at Crossfit this morning so this was more of just movement than training.





4 PM:  25 mins in the sauna followed by the new ice plunge I put in the garage gym for 4 mins.  My setup was only $90 verses the one at the gym that was $5K.  The one at the gym stays cold without ice but you can by a lot of ice for $4900... Giddy Up!



Wednesday:

Finished book number 13 this morning.... trying to get back on the reading train again after a few weeks of not having the urge to read.

9 AM: 6.9 miles w/ 500ft of vert averaging 7:45pace.  Easy miles on the Dirty Bizmark from the Coalton Trailhead going over and back on the hill.  Was running faster than I thought at certain points which was nice and I had to pull myself back some.  Awesome morning in the sunshine.



Thursday:  
  
-NOTE:   No weight check this morning, had to get up at 3:00am to take Paula to the airport for an early ass flight..

 -- A day totally off.  Venus came to hang with me all day until the dog sitter could arrive since Paula is out of town.  Just a couple of short walks throughout the day but that is it.  Really pondering if I am done with ultras today for some reason.  Really don't want to go this weekend.  Lots of other thoughts about racing anymore.  More on that later I guess.



Friday:

7:00 AM:  4 miles averaging 8min pace followed by 15mins of stretching and a cold plunge.  Easy neighborhood shakeout jog before hitting the road for New Mexico at 9am.  Super chill.




Saturday: 

5 AM:  32.3 miles w/ 6200ft of vert in 6:40ish.  Jemez 50K- Was signed up for the 50 miler but dropped down due to massive diarrhea the 15 miles or so.  Something I ate the day before while traveling was not sitting well.  Was tempted to drop but wanted a finish considering how far of a drive it was to get here.  About mile 20, the butt calmed down but around mile 28 the legs locked up and walked it in the last 4 miles like I was the Tin Man... I am totally lost on why this happened and honestly have thoughts of dropping from Hardrock and being done with ultras.  Will be doing a lot of reflecting this week.  One thing that I did come up with is since the Dirty Thirty 50K is no longer around as of this year, this 50K just may become the yearly replacement for it if I keep running them.  I liked the race that much.






Sunday:  

6 AM:  Walk 3 miles in an hour.  Could not sleep waking up at 5am.  So not to wake up Donnie I went for a walk for a while he slept in some before driving the 6 hours home.  If I come back next year I will build in a few extra days to explore the area for sure.  Stiff as shit this morning.






Total Weekly Numbers

Not a great week and not a bad week.  If I would have known I was only going to do a 50K I would have ran more this week and not tapered as much.  Need to do a lot of reflecting this week to see what my future holds for the rest of the year....









No comments:

Post a Comment