Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Quick Year in Review... 2022

“I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the years'.” - Henry Moore  

Really love this quote.  Guess it is time to put together some sort of year in review just for my record to look back on in the years to come.  So here we go again.

Not a lot to say about this year... been a pretty damn good year overall in most fronts.  Covid and my back injury really dragged down my overall numbers but honestly who really cares?  It is called getting older and just life in general.  Ready to throw down in 2023.... 

Training: Okay year training wise, could have been so much better though..  There will be much more skiing and biking in 2023 with being signed up for the Grand Traverse Triple Crown  again since I did not finish it due to Covid and my back injury.  Also in Hardrock again so that is the focus for the summer.  Super excited for my adventures in 2023.    Here is how 2022 breaks down.




How does that compare to the past years?  Well this is an interesting view of the last 15 years.  Decrease over last year due mostly to lost time due to Covid and taking almost 7 weeks off due to the back injury in the fall.  Hopefully will be back over 800 hours in 2023.





Races:
A somewhat more normal year for me as far as races are concerned.  Not quite the 30 plus events that I normally partake.  Did really struggle in the spring with my mental outlook on my life (aka depression) and did not start a bunch of races from that and also from Covid... I had it this spring which messed me the hell up for a while.  Also the back injury on Sept 1st the knocked me out until about Nov as well.  Lots of down time this year.

2022 Races/Events

Books:  
Got in a solid 30 books this year which was the goal.  Little bit of a struggle this year getting in all 30, got the last one with a week or so to spare.  All over the place on my books with no real theme which is normal for me. I just read whatever catches my eye.  Lowering the bar some this year with a goal of 24 or 2 per month.  Best book of the year???  River of Doubt*  Read it!!!

Review of Goals for 2022:  

Another hit or miss year on my loose top 10 goals that I laid out last year....  Got number 1 done which was more important to me than all the others.

  1. Give Hardrock hell and have a blast doing it. - Solid race!!  Very pleased on the result
  2. Average a Peak a week in 2022 - Done, did 75 plus summits this year.
  3. Travel somewhere new for a race - Done, Paced Western States and Crewel Jewel...
  4. Run Coaching Certification- Missed
  5. Read at least 30 books - Done...
  6. Sky Dive- waiting on you Avery, need to finish this.  Tired of seeing it every year.  LOL
  7. Leave the lower 48- Is it possible due to Covid? - Missed
  8. Travel somewhere I have never been if I don't leave the lower 48 - Done
  9. Keep the blog more updated - Done
  10. Backpacking on the Colorado Trail for 3-7 days - Missed

Goals for 2023: 

Of course there is some rollover from last year but they can be repeated year over year, especially the travel ones.  This of course does not include any work, family, or relationship goals... this is just strictly goals as they relate to this blog.

  1.  Improve my time at Hardrock over last year.  
  2. Read at least 24 books
  3. Run Coaching Certification
  4. Travel somewhere new for a race
  5. Sky Dive
  6. Keep the blog more updated 
  7. No more than 1 drink a month
  8. Average a Peak a week in 2023
  9. Backpacking on the Colorado Trail for 3-7 days 
  10. Work on my lack of mobility at least 3-4 times a week.

2023 in Pictures  (Chose 1 photo per month which was super challenging! Did include 3 for Jun and July though.  You can go through the weekly posts to see a lot of photos from the year)




















Have a Happy and Safe 2023!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment