Monday, September 12, 2022

Sept 5th- Sept 11th

“We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.” - Carl Jung

- Trying really hard to accept this injury and do what needs to be done without sabotaging myself.  So damn easy to fall into a depressed state and try to eat/drink myself out of it.  Sigh... already gained 10lbs in just over a week.

Monday:  

Not much of anything but Netflix all day while others are slaying the high country this Labor Day.  Needless to say it was somewhat depressed all day/weekend and did not want to see anyone today.  At least my Netflix queue is coming down.  That is about the positive thing I can think of right now.


Tuesday:  

8:30 AM:  Follow up with my primary doctor from the ER visit on Thursday.  First time I have seen any doctor since the ER visit.  He thinks just rest, rest and more rest.  If I can follow this for a while (month or more) I could avoid surgery.  This is music to my ears but as we all know that is easier said than done, especially for me.  How much weight am I going to gain?  I am already up almost 10lbs since Thursday.

Do start PT tomorrow at Build PT with Dr. Caitlin who is the best PT I have ever seen, she got me over my calf issue just in time for Hardrock.  I also have an appointment next Monday with a spine doctor which will make the final call on surgery or not.


Wednesday:  
 
2 PM: First PT appointment today.  Today was all about trying to get muscles to let go and not be so tight.  Lots of needling in the back and hips along with massage.  Some what painful but to be honest today as been the best day I have had so far.  Today was the first day I was able to get out of bed without using the side table and cane to get up.  Progress is good and feel somewhat encouraged today.  That has not been the case for the last 5 days or so.  I have been drowning myself in sweets which is what I do when I get depressed.  Of course I hit up Sweet Cow right after the appointment since it is across the street.  At least it is only a 1 scooper.  Choose S'mores today.




5 PM:  Walk 0.7 miles in 20 mins.  Gotta restart somewhere.... PT told me today that it is time to start moving again slowly.  Walk with the cane just in case I needed it which I did the last quarter mile or so.  Funny how everyone disappears when one gets hurt.




Thursday:

7:30 AM:  Walk 0.7miles in 17:30.  Same walk as last night but 2:30 faster without trying.  Guess that is good but could be that I am more rested verses having the whole day behind me.  We will see what happens tonight.

4 PM:  Walk 1.4miles in 31mins.  Longer walk than I have been doing around the hood.  Back felt okay, still felt but not painful, just pressure.  Mostly felt in my right hip, most like due to over compensating.  Hopefully will work itself out.


Friday:  

7 AM: Walk 2.2 miles in 40mins.  Morning walk around the hood.  Felt great but did start getting achy in the back and hips so stopped instead of going more.  First time I have been under 20min miles, wasn't trying too.  Hell ya!! Progress!!!



1:30 PM:  5 miles on the Airdyne bike in the garage.  PT said to start stationary bike if I had one as long sitting does not hurt.  I have an Airdyne so that is what we will use and she was on board with that plan.  Started to feel my back at about 15mins in so stopped.  Prob from the arm action involved an Airdyne.  Love it.


3 PM:  Walk 1 mile in 19mins.  Afternoon walk....  feeling the back some after all the walking and the bike.  Of course I did not take pain meds today either.  Looking forward to a drink tonight and I don't want to mix it with the meds.

Did go out for happy hour today.... good to get out of the house for a bit.



Saturday: 

9am: Walked 4.1miles in 1:02.  Long treadmill session of walked.  Felt pretty damn good!  Raining out so hit the mill at Vasa.

10am: 15min sauna session at the gym right after the treadmill.  Sweating buckets.


Sunday:

8am: 11 miles in 37mins on the Airdyne in the garage.  Morning bike session while watching Jimmy Chin's new series on Disney+... so damn good!   Bike sessions fire up the back more than the walks.  Could feel it afterwards.  Guessing from the arm action.




1pm:   Walk 4.75miles in 1:11.  Afternoon walk around the hood.  First time I did not take my cane just in case I needed it.  Getting stronger for sure.  Spent the rest of the day watching the first weekend of the NFL of course.


Total Weekly Numbers

Not an ideal week but at least movement is coming back.












No comments:

Post a Comment