Monday, June 6, 2022

May 30th- June 5th with May numbers

 “True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence of the future” – Seneca

How often do we rush to the finish line?
Immediately turning to the next, only to rush once again?

The aim is not to ignore the future. Yet when we spend so much time working for the future, we by default ignore the present. Until... it has become the past. All of this can sound mindlessly simple – and it is. Yet we often become so frantically busy planning for the future, that we actually miss living in this moment.

Happiness is delivered in many forms, with the most important being... present enjoyment of the moment. Happiness has all that it wants. Wherever we go today, go with everything we got.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying just to take it day to day with this calf issue to see and not get so focused on what I can't do but what I can that day.  Found on the website that I have until July 1st to get a 50% refund if I do decide the calf can't handle HR so we will wait to make a decision at that time.  Until then, one day at a time.


Monday:  

8:30 AM:  6.3 miles averaging 10 min pace.  Bolder Boulder 10K with Paula for her birthday!  Run/walk of the BB10K enjoying the fun along the way.  May have had a few drinks as well and lots of bacon.  LOL... Great day!





Tuesday:  

7 AM:  Plan: 8 miles easy-  What I did: 3.25 miles... SIGH...  Made it about 1.3 miles into the run at Davidson Mesa when I pulled the plug.  The calf was to fired up and I was changing my stride, limping a little bit.  Thought keeping it flat I would be able to run more/better but guess not.... SO FUCKING FRUSTRATING! 

12:45pm: Back to the PT today for dry needling on the calf and some work on the lower back.... Hopefully this well help for this week.  Better yet for good but doubt that.


Wednesday:  
 
7 AM:  6.3 miles averaging 8:35 pace.  Just an easy cruise on the treadmill while it was pouring outside. Prob good since it is softer and hurts less. Could feel the calf but was not affecting my stride like yesterday. 
 

4 PM: 1:18 Mayham lifting in the garage Upper Body Anterior (Chest & Bicep)

Warmup:
3 rounds
10 Perfect Pushups (controlled form)
15 band pull-a-parts
5 PVC Around the Worlds (each way)
10 wall angels

Bench Press
1 set: Heavy Single
--ended up with 6 sets working up to it

Alternating DB Bench Press
4 sets: 10 reps (each side)

Double DB Incline Bench Press
4 sets: 10 reps

Chest Fly
4 sets: 15 reps

Standing Barbell Curl
4 sets: 10 reps

Standing Alternating DB Hammer Curl
4 sets: 10 reps (each side)

50 Burpees

3 rounds of:
40 Assault Bike Calories
30 AbMat Sit-ups
20 Hang Power Cleans, 40% 1RM | 85 lbs

Thursday:

7 AM:  4.5 miles with 2500ft of vert in 1:40.  Easy lap of Green.  Started on AMP but then headed off just after the Saddlerock junction and bushwacked the rest of the way to just below the summit where I got back on AMP to the summit.  Came down Ranger to 3 way junction then up AMP to Saddlerock and down Saddlerock to the car.  Mostly hiking with some slow jogging through out.  Could feel the calf most of the time.



  

3 PM: Mayham lifting in the garage Upper Body Posterior (Back & Triceps)

Warmup:
3 Rounds
15/12 cal row
10 scap pullups
15 bent over barbell rows (empty bar)
5 down dog/seal pose transitions

Pull-ups (Strict): Max Reps
1 set: Max Reps

Double DB Standing Bent Over Row
4 sets: 10 reps

Seated Single Arm Cable Row
4 sets: 10 reps (each side)

Single Arm Lat Pulldown
4 sets: 10 reps

Inverted Skull Crusher
4 sets: 10 reps

Single Arm Standing Tricep Extension w/ band
4 sets: 10 reps (each side)

Sit-ups on sit-up bench
3x20

--5 burpees after every set for a total of 150 burpees throughout the workout.


Friday: 

7 am:   Ran the Dirty Thirty 50K up at Golden Gate State Park.  I had plans of dropping at mile 17.5 aid station and walking the road back to the start/finish but after running the first 17.5 miles some what moderate to moderate-hard I did not feel my calf at all so decided to slow it down to Hardrock pace and finish the race.  Finished in 7:31 which is my slowest time ever there but super pumped that I was able to do this without pain... Maybe we turned a corner?




Saturday:

7 AM:  Nothing today for me.... Gemma and I went with Paula down the the 12 Hours of ERock mountain bike race and crewed her all day.  We had a blast!  Paula rocked it with the adversity that she had to deal with.  Loved it.... It was also a great last day for Gemma dog... Yes made the decision that Sunday morning I would take her pain away... She had a really hard time walking anymore.







Sunday:

8:30 AM:  Gemma is gone... first time I have not had at least one dog in over 15 years or so.  This one might have been the hardest one yet for she was with me through 2 divorces.  Of course I am crying as I am typing this on Monday... still super raw....  She did give me a hug about 10 mins before the vet showed up at the house.  Think she was telling me it was time.... of course she got 2 McMuffins for breakfast today along with 2 hamburgers for dinner last night.... Thank you Paula for everything you have done for me the past 3 days, I could not have done it without you.





4PM:  Left town and flew to Vegas and then hit the road for 4 hour drive to Lone Pine CA.  Meeting Bob and his brother Tom for some adventures next week.  More to com on that.  This trip worked out super well, I think this will help me heal from losing my girl this morning.






Total Weekly Numbers

 

Not the week I wanted but considering how I have been struggling with my calf and depression I will take it.


 

Total May numbers:

 Weak.....









2 comments: