Monday, February 1, 2021

2021 Kick Off- January

 In the interest of trying to keep this blog a little bit more updated since I have basically dropped off social media I thought I would do a monthly update.  There has been a lot going through my head the past 4 weeks, so much in fact that I am not even sure where to start or what to share anymore.  With that said I guess I will just do a quick training update and maybe in future posts I will share more personal stuff, who knows.... Did have a beer with JT twice this month so that might be a record.

Training:  I really wanted to start the year off on the right foot as they say.  With that thought in mind I ended up having the biggest month ever hour-wise.  I really made it a point to focus on recovery more which included stretching at least 30 minutes every night.  I have noticed a huge benefit.  I came into the year with an achilles injury that was limiting me from running hills or any sort of jumping.  That seems to be sorting itself out now.  I am still not willing to jump rope but I am back to normal on everything else.  Here are the total hours broken down by activity.

One thing that may or may not jump out at you is the walking.  Well, those are all rucks with a 30lb pack this month.  I joined the GoRuck Tribe for 2021 for something else to keep me entertained.  You can find the information on it here if you are interested.  Here is what it involved for January.  Looking forward to the February activities.  Been fun!

2021 Goals Update:

Already 5 books into my goal of reading 30 for the year.  At this pace that should be a nonissue.  Have a trip planned to NC for a race to an area I have not been to before so check.  Lastly about 30% through my coaching certification so progress on that front.  Good start to the year!

 Have a great February!


Monthly photos to share:














No comments:

Post a Comment