Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Huarache Running Sandals

So I have been slowly dipping my feet into the world of barefoot running since reading the book Born to Run. In the book there is a character named Barefoot Ted. I happened to come across his website yesterday. You can click here to view it.

He is currently making and selling huarache running sandals that the natives in the book wore for $56.95. If you feel like making them yourself he will also sell you a kit for $24.95. You can find those at http://barefootted.com/shop/. Not sure if I could run in these or not but they are cheaper than the $90 for Five Fingers.

Oh yeah, he also did the Leadville 100 2 weeks ago in Five Fingers in 25:54.



2 comments:

  1. FWIW, a less expensive huarache kit is at http://www.invisibleshoe.com (along with good videos about making huaraches, including a different tying method that's slip-on/slip-off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the link. I will check it out for more details. Actually, I've been looking for a great and cheap chaco sandals for running.

    ReplyDelete