Wednesday, July 22, 2026

July 6th- July 12th

 "Do the impossible, because almost everyone has told me my ideas are merely fantasies." -Howard Hughes

Monday:
7 AM: 7.25 miles averaging 7:15pace.  Two laps of Davidson with Taylor and Sean. They were doing a progression and I just did a few miles of steady state in the middle keeping around 6:45ish pace. Felt good to move the legs a little bit again. Still trying to figure out being swollen to the point my joints hurt. My hip gave out a bit after the run today. Little concerned.

Tuesday:  
7 AM:  7.8 miles averaging 7:45pace.  Super chill jog out the front door doing laps around the open space. Did not have time to drive anywhere this morning and figured is really is no difference than a flat jog somewhere else. Joints still stiff but visible swelling is gone today. Did the hot tub right after the run too. Did hot tub last night and think that may have helped. Also went and got needled in my problem areas this morning to loosen things up, doing everything I can. Heading out around 2pm to drive halfway to Silverton.



Wednesday:
10 AM:  5.1 miles w/ 800ft of vert averaging 9 min pace.  Made it to Silverton early this morning and got out on a jog right after arriving.  Easy jog on the Rainbow Trail from the high school, basically the first few miles of Hardrock. Even walked some of the hills to keep the effort low. Doing okay..  Also checked in and got my bib.







Thursday:  
8 AM:  2.4miles w/ 500ft of vert averaging 15min pace.  Super chill shakeout jog/hike with Chris and Maggie up the Mushroom trail in Silverton. New trail to me, need to explore this more in the future.  Feeling pretty good today and ready to roll tomorrow I think.  Rest of the day was going to the race meeting and just chilling the fuck out.








Friday- Sunday:
6 AM:  102 miles w/ 35,000ft of vert averaging 19min miles.  HARDROCK!!!!  I waited to long to write this blog post so a lot is lost in my memory.  Got home on Sunday and started a new job on Monday so the last 2 weeks have been a blur to me.  Day went so much better than I thought it would overall.  I did have my low spot on the first day like I normally do but this time it was more physical than dealing with heat, low energy, or mental like in the past.  Basically I fell many times going down Grant Swamp as did every other runner but it seemed to lock up my hips for a bit.  I had to basically walk all the way to Telluride where I planned on quitting since I was falling over just walking on flat ground with poles, my right leg kept giving out.  I would just be walking and boom, on the ground, so weird.  Got to Telluride and decided that if nothing else I could at least walk to Ouray.  By the time I came off of Virginias pass and starting down Camp Bird Road I was able to jog again with no issues.  The human body is so so weird.... from that point it was game on.  Cruised basically to the finish without to many other issues besides the smoke that everyone had to deal with to end up 11th overall and 9th male along with a PR of 32:27:55.  Could not have asked for more from the day.  Of course this never would have happened without my crew and pacers of Paula, Don, Donnie, Darian, Dan, Logan, George, John, Rebecca, and Tasha as you can see in the photo below.  Such a great group of friends and I owe you all, THANK YOU!!  I am beyond blessed to have you all in my life.   I think I got these photos and videos in order somewhat, they came from lots of different people so I tried my best.  
































Total Weekly Numbers
One of the best races I have had against world class runners.  I guess putting in one month of mountain training up high on top of months of marathon training works.  I honestly did not think that my training was going to work, I was expecting a 38-40 hour finish.  Noted for the future, guess fitness is fitness no matter how one gets it.



















No comments:

Post a Comment