Monday, October 10, 2022

Oct 3rd- Oct 9th

 "Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing.”  - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“There are people who have money and people who are rich.” - Coco Chanel


Monday:  

9 am:  Jog 5 miles averaging 9min pace.  Easy jog from the house on a combo of roads and trails at Standley Lake.  First mile of the jog was a walk/run until the hamstrings quick giving me pain then I was able to jog the rest.  The hamstrings were not happy this morning, PT said this is part of my back injury.  There is a nerve right by the L5 disc that I injured that runs down the glute and hamstrings.

1:30 pm: 2.6 mile walk in 40mins.  Easy walk around the hood in between meetings.  I needed to get out of the house for a bit.

Tuesday:  

9 am:  Jog 5 miles averaging 8:55pace.  Easy 5 miles across the street in the Westmister Hills trails.  First 2 miles had some walking due to the left glute acting up (pain) but went away as I warmed up.  A dog someone was walking off leash did jump in front of me and trip me over.  Little bit of a bloody hand but that was it.


Wednesday:  

 9 am:   5.6 miles averaging 8:11pace.  Easy miles again in the Westminster Hills trails.  No walking today like yesterday, legs felt better.  Did not have the weird hamstring thing today like I did yesterday.  

10 am:  1.1 mile cooldown walk around the hood right after the run.  Think I will add these for a bit as time allows with the hope they will help me feel better the run next day.




3 pm:  15 mins of PT followed by Mayham lifting in the garage- Upper Body Posterior (Back & Triceps) 

Warmup
3 rounds
10 scap pullups
15 bent over barbell rows (empty bar)
5 down dog/seal pose transitions

Strict Pull-Ups
5 sets: 8-5-5-3-3-1 reps

Meadows Row
4 sets: 10 reps 

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown
4 sets: 10 reps 

Lying DB Pullover on Bench
4 sets: 10 reps 

Inverted Skull Crusher
4 sets: 10 reps 

Single Arm Standing Tricep DB French Press
4 sets: 12 reps (each side)

5 Rounds
30sec plank
15sec recovery

--- Today is the 1 year anniversary of my first date with Paula... damn time flies.  Went out to dinner this evening.


Thursday:

7 am:  5 miles averaging 8:34pace.  Easy jog from the house.  Turned it into an easy Geocaching jog in the dog park.  Found 4 of them.  There is only one left over there but I could not find it.  Sent a message to the owner of it for a hint.






9 am:  Garage lifting

Warmup:  PT exercises.
Back Squat light
5x10

Deadlifts light
5x10

GHD Hip Extension 
3x10

4 Rounds 
15sec calf raises
15sec hold up
15sec calf raises 
15sec hold up
30sec recovery 

4 pm:  1.2 mile walk.  Easy walk around the hood just to move some more.  The 75min massage I had over lunch loosened things up a lot.  Could feel it again for a bit but she told me that would be normal.  Actually told me to do the PT exercises since things are opened up again

Headed over to Neptune this evening with Rebecca to watch a presentation by Pemba Sherpa on Nepal.  Good times!  Hopefully some day I can get to Everest Base Camp just to see the mountain in person.



Friday:  

9 am:  1 hour Mayham lifting in the garage.  Shoulders and biceps. 

Warmup:
Crossover Symmetry- Shoulders And hips plus some PT (15mins)

Shoulder Press
6 sets: 8-5-5-3-3-1 reps

Seated Alternating Double DB Shoulder Press
4 sets: 10 reps 

Ring Y Raise
4 sets: 10 reps

 Russian Kettlebell Swing
4 sets: 10 reps
 
Standing KB Crush Grip Bicep Curl
4 sets: 10 reps

Ring Curls
4 sets: 10 reps


1 pm:  5 miles averaging 7:47pace on the treadmill at Vasa.  Easy miles on the treadmill at the gym.  Did this so I could get in a little bit of sauna time afterwards.  Felt really good today.  Did 15 mins in the sauna right after the run.  Need to do this more often as hurt gets closer, right now it is just re-exposing myself to that heat once or twice a week.

Heading over to Koda to watch the Koda Iron Games that I was supposed to be in but had to drop due to my back injury...  Of course I discovered that Pica's in Louisville would give me Margs to go at dinner so may have been a little drunk by the end of the night.  Doesn't help when they filled my 32oz bottle with Margs.  LOL...







Saturday: 

Another depressed this weekend, and of course, I don’t have a reason. Just like last few weekends I seem to fall off a cliff and barely leave the house. Think today was triggered by a hang over from drinking to many Margs last night that fucked my whole day, when will I ever learn?  I am not 30 anymore.  Only time I left the house today was to get fast food, to fucking lazy to even cook... 


Sunday:

Still in my depression mode today... lost all momentum I had from the week.  Did drive up to Golden Gate State Park to try and hike with Paula but could not find a parking spot with all the leaf peepers so just turned into a long drive instead, at least I got out of the house but the rest of the day was watching football.  I came across this on another blog and it describes how I have been feeling lately, "I go through the motions and feel exhausted with each passing minute — that is, until I boost myself into physical activity for an hour or two, wherein I feel inexplicably fine. I’m not … tired-tired. Just tired of myself. Low on motivation. Filled with existential dread."  Just need to figure out how to get pass this bullshit.  Comment I made to Paula yesterday that has some truth to it, funny how people disappear when your injured and can't do shit with them.  I may have over exaggerated the comment when I made it on our drive today but there is some truth to it.

 Hopefully I can get my head out of my ass this week.  First thing is to try and reel in my diet (gained almost 20lbs since my injury) and get back to Bob's come back plan, 5 miles a day no matter what.





Total Weekly Numbers

Started as a good week then lost it....  seems the drinking on Friday night was a trigger of some sort that put me into a depressed state all weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment