Monday, October 24, 2022

Oct 17th- Oct 23rd

 “Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.” - Blaise Pascal


Monday:  


9 am:  5.6 miles averaging 7:55pace.  Easy miles from the house over to Westminster Hills and back.  Legs felt so much better today than yesterday but took about 2 miles for things to loosen up.  Going to quit marking every workout as injured in the online log I maintain now since things have been going well.  https://www.attackpoint.org/log.jsp/user_4888  is where I track everything, including injuries and even mileage on my shoes.  There is data going back to 2009 on there.

2 pm:   1.5 mile walk in 25 mins.  Afternoon walk around the hood to move and enjoy a wonderful 65 degree afternoon.  Love this time of year.


Tuesday:  

9 am:  6.25 miles w/ 400ft of vert averaging 7:45pace.  Another easy loop in the Westminster Hills across the street.  Really enjoying running there again after getting burn out running there a few years ago.  Mid weekday is perfect for there is not very many dogs like there is on the weekends.  Did do a mile walk right afterwards as a cooldown.


Got this in the mail today from the slacker JT in the Springs... guess he knocked out a 100 mile gravel ride down there.  Solid work buddy!!!!


1 pm:   2 mile walk around the hood in 31mins before lifting.

1:30 pm:  1:15 Mayham lifting in the garage- Upper Body Anterior (Chest & Bicep)

Warmup:
Crossover Symmetry- Shoulders and hips plus some PT
-then
3 rounds
10 Perfect Pushups (controlled form)
15 band pull-a-parts
5 PVC Around the Worlds (each way)
10 wall angels

Bench Press
6 sets: 8-5-5-3-3-1 reps

Reverse Grip Barbell Bench Press
4 sets: 10 reps 

Double DB Incline Bench Press
4 sets: 10 Reps 

Flat Bench DB Chest Fly
4 sets: 12 reps 

Barbell Drag Curls
4 sets: 10 reps

Standing Alternating DB Curl
4 sets: 10 reps (each side)


Wednesday:  

Note:  So I know that I have gain a shit ton of weight since I got hurt on Sept 1st.  I basically downward spiraled into a depression where I just ate all the time because I had nothing else to do and it was the only thing that felt good besides sleeping.  Yes I am prone to this (binge eating when depressed), I have been my whole life, I was the fat kid in junior high.  I have been scared to get on the scale the past week as I started jogging again to see how bad it really was until this morning.  Can't improve something if you don't know where you started.  So with that said on Aug 11th before I got hurt I was 168lbs and about 9% bodyfat, today I was 179lbs and 13% bodyfat.  I have some work to do.  I like to hover around 165 but to be honest the number that really got me was the 13% bodyfat, I like that to be under 10%.   I did start tracking my food again on Monday and that always helps a ton.   Good thing I am not racing this Sunday at the US Masters Cross Country Championships like I wanted too before the injury, I would have suck it up for my team.  LOL.

9 am:   6.1 miles averaging 8:20 pace followed by a 1 mile cooldown walk.  Ran to Paula's house where I took her dog on a 2 mile loop then ran back home after dropping her off.  Paula was not feeling well today but the dog needed to get out for some exercise.  Nice and chill jog.  Walked a mile around the hood for a cooldown.

2 pm:  1.7 mile walk in 26mins.  Warmup walk before lifting while on a call for work.  Love walking meetings when I can pull it off.

2:30 pm:  1:10 Mayham lifting in the garage- Lower Body Push Pull

Warmup:
Crossover Symmetry- Shoulders and hips plus some PT

Back Squat
6 sets: 8-5-5-3-3-1 reps

Deadlifts
6 sets: 8-5-5-3-3-1 reps

Hamstring Ring Curls
4 sets: 10 reps 

DB Box Step-Ups
4 sets: 10 reps (each side)

Seated Dumbbell Calf Raise
4 sets: 15-20 reps


5:30 pm:  5 miles averaging 8:13pace.  Runner Roost Wed night jog.  Super chill and first double in a long time.  No one that I usually run with was there so just did my thing and left instead of hanging out afterwards.




Thursday:

7 am:  6.1 miles averaging 8:30pace.  Easy miles this morning from work in Louisville running a lot of the same roads I used to hit daily when I went to the office still.  Had to go in for a flu shot so just ran there before hand.  Legs were totally shot from yesterday's double and lifting, moving slower than hell.

2 pm:  1.6 mile walk in 25mins.  Easy afternoon walk around the hood before lifting.

Friday:  

7 am:   6.4 miles averaging 8:10pace.  Easy 2 loops around Davidson Mesa watching the sunrise.  Legs were shit!  I purposely skipped doing Sanitas last night with the Boulder Skimo Club thinking it would help my legs feel better but nope, should have gone.  Only the last 1-1.5 miles felt ok.  Guess it is part of trying to get back in shape again.





9:30 am: 1.6 mile walk in 25mins.  Walk as a warmup before lifting.

10 am:  1:25 Mayham lifting in the garage-  Upper Body Posterior (Back & Triceps) plus Shoulders

Warmup:
Crossover Symmetry- Shoulders and hips plus some PT

Strict Pull-Ups
6 sets: 8-5-5-3-3-1 reps

Lat Pulldowns
4 sets: 10 reps 

Bent Over Barbell Row
4 sets: 10 reps 

Shoulder Press
6 sets: 8-5-5-3-3-1 reps

Bottom-Up Single Arm Standing KB Press
4 sets: 10 reps (each side)

Plate Front Raise
4 sets: 10 reps 

Standing Tricep Extension w/ band
4 sets: 10 reps 

Double DB Skull Crushers
4 sets: 12 reps 




Saturday: 

8 am:  6 miles averaging 10min pace.  Goggin's workout-  6 mile run with 25 push-ups every 1/2mile.  Did on a half mile loop I figured out from my garage so the push-ups were in the garage.  Much slower than last time I did this workout a few years ago on a track but fun.  Arms shot of course afterwards, 300 total push-ups.

2 miles of walking afterwards as a cooldown from the workout.

1 pm:   Headed over to South Boulder to watch the Masters Cross Country National Championships.  Good times!  Caught up with a shit ton of people and of course I had to explain about 50 times to why I was not running.  Of course slacker (JT) was there.  Paula, Donnie, and I posted ourselves on top of the big hill on the course and encouraged people on.  Good times!







Sunday:

8 am:  10 miles w/ 2000ft of vert averaging 11:20min miles.  Easy run up Bear Canyon towards the summit of Green and back.  Was going to keep going to hit the summit but decided to stick to the plan and not push the back more.  Felt great to be back out there moving some what decently.

Noon: 1.5 mile walk with Paula and the dog around the hood.

Total Weekly Numbers

Finally a somewhat good week!  Things held together nicely and hopefully I can keep building on this week.  First time I have hit over 50 miles running in a while which was the goal of the week. Might be hard to get close to this in the total hours this week due to heading to New York this coming Saturday and then being there for a week but will be a great time!



1 comment: