Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Numbers

Another good month in both the training and in racing this month but I do feel like I am flirting with burn out so I have to keep an eye on that.

Here is how the numbers shook out.  You can click on the photo to enlarge it.



Not quite where I wanted to be mileage and vertical wise but that is ok.  I even took off  2 days of this month and a bunch of short days just to make sure that I don't go over that so called "line" which I feel like I am flirting with due to all the shorter faster races the past 2-3 months.

Positives of the month-  Got in 2 races listed below and I also got in 2 14er summits.
I also got 5 new Breweries this month.

 Avalanche Brewery (Silverton)
 Ouray Brewery (Ouray)
 Ourayle House aka "Mr. Grumpy Pants" (Ouray)*
 Mountain Sun (Boulder)*
 Big Choice Brewery (Broomfield)

So overall I it was just an ok month and I seem to be stalling in my fitness a little.  Not much I can do about that now.  I am actually thinking that I might start an early taper for Pikes.  I will decided that based on how my runs go this weekend.


Next up- Pikes Peak Double.  This is going to hurt.

2 comments:

  1. Solid month. Enjoy the double. Best thing to think about is anything but doing the double.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish it was a little bit more solid so I felt better about the upcoming Double. I did have a time goal in mind but think I will just throw that out the window and just go have fun.

      Delete