Monday, February 7, 2011

No Hardrock in 2011 for Shad

I was not lucky enough to have my name drawn this past weekend for the Hardrock 100. I was really hoping that I would get lucky. Now it is time to either come up with a plan B or not run a 100 this year which I am also considering.

Here are some Plan Bs that I am mauling over:

1. Grand Mesa 100 7/22
2. Leadville 100 8/20
3. Grand Teton 100 9/3
4. Swan Crest 100 -July last year. Don't know if they are having it or not.
5. The Bear 100 9/23
6. Pony Express 100 10/21

Any others out there that I might be missing? I really don't want to drive more than 8-10 hours from Denver/Boulder area which is why you will not see anything in California on the list.

I am also toying with the idea of just doing a bunch of 50 milers and shorter races. It might just be nice to not have to worry about all the training and planning that goes into a 100 miler. I don't know, it is something my wife Ashley and I will hopefully figure out over the next few weeks.

I am also looking at doing a non-race 100 and have a few ideas that I am talking over with some buddies. Not quite ready to share those thoughts out in internet world yet.

Shad