Monday, July 19, 2010

Barr Trail Race

All I can say is that today I am hobbling around. I seem to always get more sore from the short stuff and more tired afterward from the long stuff. Today I am really sore in the calves and the feet from running my first race in the MT100's but the energy levels are good. Not sure if I will use these shoes again in a race. They seem to hurt my feet when trying to run fast down hill.

I really had no time goals or ideas for what to shoot for at this race since I have never ran it before. I figured I would just jog up and then try my best to bomb down somewhat hard, which is what I did. You can see in the pictures that I looked more worked heading down then up.

Heading up


Heading down


I hit the turn around which is about 6.3 miles and 3800ft higher than the start at over 10,000 feet above sea level around 1:23ish then bombed down in 44ish mins. I passed 6 people running down and was not passed by anyone which is great in my mind since I am not a strong downhill runner.

I finished the race in 2:07, not bad but not great. Now I have a time to shoot for next year, breaking 2 hours.

GZ has a great review of the race by clicking here.

Here is another great breakdown of the race by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job and great meeting you yesterday! Getting six scalps on the way down - NICELY DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost got 2 more just before the finish but thought it might be kind of rude to step in front of someone right at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete