I thought it was time to do my yearly review to see where I stand and what I did in 2008 and also lay out my 2009 goals for everyone to see.
I just calculated my all stats for 2008 and this is what I have:
Running: 366.5 hours
Biking: 12.75 hours
Swimming: 5.5 hours
Weights: 31 hours
Other (hiking, yoga, ect.): 105 hours
Total 2008 hours: 521
Total 2008 miles covered on foot (running/hiking): 2085
I need to spend more time swimming and in the weight room in 2009. Think my goal for 2009 will be over 2500 miles. I covered just under 1400 miles in 2007 so 2008 was a large increase of total volume.
Here is a list of all the races I did in 2008 also, not bad. This is the most I have done in a year and my 1st full year in doing ultras. The Moab race at the top of the list was only my 2nd ultra and 4th race of marathon distance or longer. I just did my 1st ultra (34 miler) in Sept of 2007. You can look through the Blog on the right hand side of the page if you want to read the race reports from any of the races below.
• Moab Red Hot 50K (34 miles)2/16 (6:24:00)
• Greenland 50K (31 miles)4/19 (5:06:09)
• Collegiate Peaks 25 miler 5/3 (4:10:12)
• Wyoming Marathon (26.2 miles) 5/25 (4:09:42)
• Squaw Peak 50 miler 6/7 (12:06:40)
• Mount Evans Ascent (14.5 miles)6/21 (2:46:43)
• Leadville Marathon (26.2 miles) 7/5 (5:32:00)
• High Mountain 50K (32 miles) 7/12 (6:09:59)
• Wild West Relay (about 20 miles per runner) 8/1 (27:11:00)
• Leadville 100miler 8/16 (dropped @ mile 76 on the course due to knee problems)
I just thought all of that was interesting. I was also comparing the average miles per week for the 8 weeks leading up to the race in Moab in Feb. I thought I have been doing less this year over the same time last year but I am wrong. Last year 8 weeks leading up to this race I averaged about 33 miles per week. This year so far I am averaging 42 miles per week and that is going to increase as my long runs are increasing to 4 hours over the next few weekends. This should be an interesting year.
Here is what my 2009 race schedule looks like right now, of course it will change in the upcoming months. I will update it on the right hand side of the page as the year progresses.
Tentative 2009 Race Schedule:
1) Red Hot 50K (34 miles) 2/14
2) Desert RATS 25 miler 4/18
3) Collegiate Peaks 50 miler 5/2
4) Bolder Boulder 10K (6.2 miles) 5/26
5) Big Horn 100 miler 6/19
6) Leadville Marathon (26.2 miles) 7/11
7) Wild West Relay 6X6 (about 30 miles) 8/7
8) Leadville 10K (6.2 miles) 8/16
9) A fall marathon to try and qualify for Boston (26.2 miles)
Here are some of my goals for 2009.
Top GOALS for 2009:
1) Finish the Big Horn 100 mile trail run
2) Finish CP 50 mile trail run under 10 hours
3) Finish a marathon under 3 hours and 10 mins
4) Complete 5-10 new 14ers
5) Repeat 5-10 14ers
6) Run from Denver to Leadville on the Colorado Trail. (in sections if there is time)
7) Cover over 2500 miles on foot in 2009.
8) Do more than running 10 races of any distance.
I want to thank everyone from my girlfriend to friends and family for their support and encouragement in 2008. Hopefully even bigger things will come in 2009 for everyone.
Happy New Years!