Monday, July 24, 2023

July 17th- July 23rd

“You've got to fight through some adversity. You've got to have some tough times. You've got to have some rainy days.” - Tom Izzo

Full on in the rainy days this week.... I am destroyed this week between my leg/back issue, energy, post event depression and just over all soreness.  


Monday:   

Only drove to Fairplay on Sunday afternoon from Silverton.  Slept the night at the cabin last night and finished the drive home this morning.  I was just to damn tired to make the whole drive in one shot plus I had some more stuff there to pick up and take home with me.  Nothing but trying to work, naps, and eating like a cow today.  Never left the house. 


Tuesday:  
No activities today.  Did leave the house this evening to go get more food at Kings so I can keep eating like a cow.  I feel worse today then I have the past few days.  

Wednesday:
Feel like shit this morning.  Slept for 10 hours last night, got up to eat and back to bed for another 2.  As I am typing this at 9:30am I feel like I could go back to sleep again.  Have a PT appointment at 11am so I can start rebuilding the injured back yet again.

11 AM: PT was good... dry needled the shit out of my back and hip to loosen it up some.  Bunch of new stretches and exercises to start rebuilding.  She thinks that I pinched the nerve root due to my weakened back when I slipped during Hardrock which is why I was able to get to loosen up and finish the run.  If I would have slipped a disk again it is doubtful I would have been able to finish.  Did take another 1 hour nap afterwards as well.  


Thursday:  
  -NOTE:  Weight check in:  No check in this week... eating all the foods right now.

Slept another 10 plus hours last night.  Want to nap this morning after breakfast but knowing that I have a long massage at 11am I figured I will fall asleep during that somewhat.

11 AM:  90 min massage with the person that works with my PT.  Very cool that I can see my PT one day to help figure out what is wrong then she will text the massage therapist to what to focus on the next day.  Anyways afterwards I was very unstable for about an hour after the massage but the rest of the day is the best I have felt all week.  She released all the muscles I was compensating with.  The so called injury is on the left side but my right side was all knotted up which she released.

Even left the house in the evening to go watch Paula and her friends do a 5k not far from the house followed by tacos afterwards.  I did leave earlier than everyone due to being exhausted by 8pm but it is progress over the week.  Maybe tomorrow I will try some sort of exercise.

Friday:
9 AM:  20 mins on the Airdyne, 20 mins of stretching followed my the WOD below that I did easier than normal.

Easy rounds of Cindy. Got hard anyways due to fatigue. LOL

Cindy : 15 rounds + 5 Pull-ups + 10 Push-ups + 10 Air Squats | 475 reps |
20:00 AMRAP:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Air Squats

Followed this all up with a 45 min walk around the hood and a cold plunge.  Solid day coming back!!!  Hopefully I will not regret it tomorrow.


Saturday: 
9 AM:  1 hour at the gym.  

Warmup: Mobility, Airbike and drills

3 RFT: Partner Wods, 29 mins 31 secs
3 rounds of:
Partner Wod
50 Assault Bike Calories
50 Devil Press | 25 lbs
50 Dumbbell Step-ups, 20 in | 25 lbs

--with Jeff

--- Followed this up with another cold plunge.  I really think that is helping me feel better this week.  The days I do it are my better days.

--  Paula went down to Colorado Springs this morning and competed in the State Championship for Orienteering.  She got second!!!  WHOOP!!!  Proud of her!!!


-- Venus was my co-pilot running errands today.  LOL



Sunday:  
8 AM: Biking 18.5 miles in 1:31.  Easy spin on Blueberry (new mountain bike) from Louisville to Erie and back on Coal Creek.  Mostly just spinning with a few efforts on some small hills.  Time to spend some time on the bike the next month.


Total Weekly Numbers

Shit week coming back.  I had no energy the first half of the week.  Should have been out at least walking if not riding but between feeling like shit and the hot temps I said fuck it to myself.  Not used to this heat after basically living in Fairplay since June 1st.  

Still trying to decide on if I want to do a complete blog post on Hardrock or just do a post of photos.   Thinking it will just be a post of photos and if you want to know the low down on what happened with the back and why I went from 10th to 120th back to 30th place, we will have to go get a coffee or drink.  It was of course somewhat dramatic.....













No comments:

Post a Comment