Sunday, December 4, 2022

Nov 28th- Dec 4th -- Nov's Numbers

“Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable.” - Franz Kafka

Great article that I came across that really hit home for me.  Time to check the ego and do things right.  Will be keeping all of this in mind going forward.  https://mtntactical.com/knowledge/how-a-deadlifting-injury-forced-me-to-stop-ego-lifting/

Quote that hit me hard, "my hinge-phobia had grown to the point where I didn’t even want to bend down to pick up groceries. "-- so fucking true, still battling these thoughts all the time.  Every time I feel a twinge in my glute, hamstring or lower back I freeze up.  I am actually scared to run icy trails thinking I will tweak the back if I slip wrong.

Monday:  

6:30 am:  1:10 at Crossfit
Warmup: Crossover Symmetry- Shoulders and hips plus some PT
then
Airbike, mobility and drills.

Chipper: 13 mins 27 secs | Rx'd
50 Double Dumbbell Deadlifts | 25 lbs
Dumbbell Farmers Carry Walking Lunge, 200 ft | 25 lbs
50 Double Dumbbell Hang Clean & Jerks | 25 lbs
Dumbbell Front Rack Walking Lunge, 150 ft | 25 lbs
50 Single Arm Dumbbell Thrusters, 40% 1RM | 25 lbs
Single Arm Dumbbell Overhead Walking Lunge, 100 ft | 25 lbs

-- Legs are shot after this.... holy sweat buckets.

7:30 am:  5K row in 22:24 after Crossfit for the 100K challenge.  Super chill...

3 pm:  5.1 miles averaging 8min pace.  Easy cruise on the mill at Vasa.  Going to start doing this on Mondays so I can hit the sauna afterwards.  Want to start doing that 1-2 times a week.
4 pm: 20 mins in the sauna right after the run.



Tuesday:  

6:30 am:   2k row before Crossfit as a warmup

6:45 am:  1 hour at Crossfit

Warmup: Rowing, mobility and drills


The Ghost : 590 reps | 103, 97, 105, 98, 98, and 89 reps | Rx'd 

6 rounds, 1 min per station:

Row (calories)

Burpee

Double Under

Rest 1 min

-- that one hurt....  between the warmup, the drills, workout, and cooldown got in over 5,500 meters on the rower.



4 pm:  6 miles averaging 7:28pace.  On the mill at Vasa due to ice and snow.


2 miles easy, 8x1 min @ 10K effort w/ 1min recovery, 1.5 mile cooldown.


Felt pretty good today to get some efforts in.


Wednesday:  

6:15 am:  1:25 at Crossfit
Warmup: 5K row
then
Airbike, mobility and drills

5x 2 mins RemReps: 73 reps | 16, 16, 14, 15, and 12 | Rx'd
5 rounds, 2 mins each, of:
15 Assault Bikes
12 Front Squats, 45% 1RM | 75 lbs
max rep Pull-ups | 16, 16, 14, 15, and 12
Rest 2 mins

2:00 pm:  8 miles averaging 7:38pace.  Easy spin on the mill at Vasa, did not feel like risking slipping on ice.  Yes I am still being overly protective of my back.

--- Headed into Boulder this evening to meet JT at the Boulder Theater for SCARPA Presents Nirmal (Nims) Purja “Nothing Is Impossible”,  I would say he is a version of Goggins in a lot of ways, well at least he has the mouth of Goggins.  Won a $80 Himali sun hoody in the raffle.  Good times!






Thursday:

9 am:  1 hour at Crossfit
Warmup:  Rowing, mobility and drills

FT: Toes-to-bars, Push-ups, and Snatches : 15 mins 51 secs | Rx'd
40 Toes-to-bars
40 Push-ups
4 Snatches, 75% 1RM | 95 lbs
30 Toes-to-bars
30 Push-ups
3 Snatches, 75% 1RM | 95 lbs
20 Toes-to-bars
20 Push-ups
2 Snatches, 75% 1RM | 95 lbs
10 Toes-to-bars
10 Push-ups
1 Snatch, 75% 1RM | 95 lbs

10 am:  20 mins on the rower after Crossfit to get more meters for the holiday challenge.  Rowed 4400 meters nice and easy.

1:30 pm:  6 miles averaging 8min pace.  Easy cruise around the hood on the roads in 50 degree weather this afternoon.  Loving it....


Friday:

9 am:  6.8 miles w/ 3200ft of vert doing uphill at Cooper with Bob.....  Resort is not open or groomed yet so somewhat of a back country experience in a way.  One run we went on through the trees had powder up to about our knees.... great day out there even if it took me 4 hours to drive home in the storm, well worth it!



-  Headed out to Whistling Hare once I got home w/ Paula for some drinks and food.... this is turning into my Friday ritual.




Saturday: 

8 am:  5 miles averaging 7:55pace,  Easy run around the Colorado Tech Center in Louisville before hitting the gym.  Trying my hardest not to watch the damn lotteries today.

9 am:  1 hourCrossfit

Warmup: Rowing, mobility and drills

AMRAP 24 mins: Kettlebell Swings, Kettlebell Squats, Single Arm Push Press, and Partner Rows : 12 rounds | Rx'd
24:00 AMRAP:
12 Kettlebell Swings, 53 lbs
12 Kettlebell Squats, 53 lbs
12 Single Arm Push Press, 53 lbs
Partner Row, 500 m

5121 row with Matt 

10 am: 4,979 meters rowing in 23mins after class as a cooldown

----  So did not watch the lottery but knew I got in something when my phone started blowing up about 10:30, just did not know which race until I looked..  Hardrock again this year???  YES PLEASE!!!  Now I have the chance to be one of the few people who have run it in both directions.  Of course Paula and I went out for a drink to celebrate in the afternoon, Whistling Hare yet again!  So the focus of this year is the Grand Traverse to make up for last year and Hardrock again with some bike races sprinkled in.  Going to be a fun year!





Sunday:

8 am:  12.2 miles w/ 1400ft of vert averaging 8:50pace.  Easy out and back on Mags road with Donnie.  Just cruising easy and shooting the shit.  We have not ran together since before I got hurt on Sept 1st.  Tired from the week for sure, legs were crap today.  Also a little bit more social interaction the past 2 weeks than I am used too but guess that is good for me, just wears me down mentally. 




Total Weekly Numbers

Getting back into shape is hard... nothing else to say.  Sitting at 33,500 meters rowed since Thanksgiving so 1/3 of the way done with that challenge at least.  Ends Christmas Eve.


Total Monthly Numbers

Not quit sure what to think of Nov... There was a trip to NY in there so I know that cuts down a lot but still I thought it was going to be better than this... no wonder I have not been losing the weight I gained when I got hurt, have not been doing enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment