Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Oct 31st- Nov 6th- Oct numbers

“It's not what you pay a man, but what he costs you that counts.” - Will Rogers

In NY most of the week then sick when I got home.... this is a trip I will always remember....

Monday:  

7 am:  7 miles averaging 9min pace.  More easy miles this morning with Joe and Don from Joe's house.  Warmer today and no fog so got to see a little bit more.

7 pm:  3.5 miles in an hour.  Easy lap around town to check out all the houses and Halloween decorations. There was some cool shit here in NY.  In the house photos below the guy that lives there does Ernie on Sesame Street.



Tuesday:  

9 am:   5.5 miles averaging 8:15pace.  Easy solo cruise from Joe's house around the town.  Wet humid morning.  Was soaked by the time I got done.

-- had thoughts of either doing a second jog or hit Joe's home gym but that never happened.  Was super tired today and said the hell with it.  I have not been sleeping very well the past few nights since I got here.



Wednesday:  

7 am: Spent all day going from Joe's house which is about 40mins north of Manhattan to Manhattan via the train.  Once we got there we had to go to Ten Thousand office to check in with them then over to Lifetime to make sure everything is set for tomorrow before finding our condo.  Busy ass day but did go over to Times Square once we found the condo to check it out since it was only 2 blocks away.












Thursday/Friday:

 Don's treadmill attempt started at 9am on Thurs to 9am on Fri at Lifetime on 23rd in midtown Manhattan.  Goals are most miles on a manual treadmill in 12 and 24 hours plus fastest to 100 miles.  I was able to join him for about 20 miles on the treadmill next to him in between people.  A group of us made sure that the treadmill next to him was never empty so he was always running with someone.  Ended up with 114.25 in 24 hours and hit 100 miles in 19:52 I believe.  Might be a little off on the numbers since I am recalling it from memory.  His hip flexors gave out so it was a sufferfest for him from mile 80-90 on.  So much fun, but the manual treadmill is a beast.  Film on the whole 24 hour event should be released soon from the brand Ten Thousand who sponsored the whole trip.  I will of course post that on here when it is released.  It should be on this page when released, https://www.tenthousand.cc/blogs/feats-of-strength












Saturday: 

6 am:   Woke up super early today to leave for the airport at 4:15am for a 6:30am flight and was back home by noon mountain time.  So wrecked from the past 48 hours.  Maybe got 5 hours of sleep total and sinuses are on fire which means I am getting sick.  Tested neg for Covid when I got home so that is good.

Sunday:

8 am:  Nothing today.... sick all day with a massive head cold.  Tested neg on the Covid test still this morning.  Day of blowing my nose non-stop while watching Netflex.

Total Weekly Numbers

Sort of a shit week number wise for me with traveling all week.  I don't do well training when traveling so expected.  Was hoping for at least 50 miles which I was way short on.  Will get back to it once I get rid of this damn bug I brought back with me.



Total Monthly Numbers

Much better month than Sept.  Finally starting to get back to jogging without pain.  Once in a while it flairs up but for the most part it seems to be under control.  I thank Caitlin at Build PT in Louisville... I don't trust PTs but she has changed my mind and trust her fully with getting me back.  She got me to the start line of Hardrock with my calf issue and now got me back to jogging in about a month from a herniated L5 disc in my back.  Look her up if you need some work done.



No comments:

Post a Comment