Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Chase 10K

I signed up for a 10K race today hoping to get a new PR, needless to say I did but it doesn't count because the course was short. Ran 35:53 for the 5.75 mile course according to my Garmin for 5th overall. Little disappointed that I paid $40 for a cluster fuck of a race. I would say that I wasted about 30 seconds at 3 junctions trying to figure out where to go. Who ever thought it was a good idea to do a race on the cart paths of a golf course without course markings is a dumbass, it was a maze. This course is not "flat" like the website said but had lots of small hills. That is ok, at least the money went to a great cause, The Denver Rescue Mission. Here are my splits according my watch.

Mile 1: 6:06 Ave HR 164
Mile 2: 6:33 Ave HR 176
Mile 3: 6:24 Ave HR 175
Mile 4: 6:11 Ave HR 174
Mile 5: 6:21 Ave HR 174
Last 0.75 mile: Not sure, watch includes cooldown for 0.25 of this mile.

I don't think this will be a race I do again next year. Think I will find one that is measured correctly.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

  1. Bummer. You should send a note to the RD telling them as much.

    Nice effort though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to the RD at the race, he did not seem to care which is to bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the Arvada race, which is one of the zillion I looked at last week. Sorry it was a mess :\ Fraud!

    Still a fast run.

    All the races I'm reading about folks are going 2-3 minutes faster per mile than me. Impressive. Need to start reading grey-hair running blogs or something.

    That area (not the golf course, but Ralston Creek trail) is pretty good for flat runs. Pleasant trail for a bike path, and there's probably some singletrack along it in spots.

    ReplyDelete