Thursday, August 28, 2008

Snowmass Mountain-- Kirk's 14er finisher

Last Sunday a group of 7 of us went up to Snowmass Mountain to hike with my buddy Kirk on his 58th and last 14er. We choose the hardest route on the mountain called the S-Ridge. It was a great day even though I was still wiped out from Leadville 100the weekend before. I willed myself through the climb even though I really did not want to go. Looking back though I am happy that I went, it was well worth seeing my good friend finish and having the chance to do so with him. This was the 33rd different 14er that I have done, 25 left!

Here are some pictures from the climb (the wild flowers are nuts in this area):



Here is the link to Kirk's trip report: REPORT

Thanks for reading and HAPPY TRAILS!

Shad

No comments:

Post a Comment